About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Monday, February 7, 2011

A FIGURE OF MY IMAGINATION

I think of you quite often you know
Inside this empty room the silence whispers careless words into my ears.
I dream of you a lot also, when I blink my eyes in the midst of boredom.
I think of words I have never heard, a touch I have never felt.
A hug, a kiss… you have never given me.
You are an urban legend.
Taunting my spirit and murdering my sanity.

Reaching out to caress my skin you caress my soul.
I let you hold my hand you welcome yourself to my heart.
My problems go away and I stop being angry at the world
The flower inside me blossoms and the record in my head plays a joyous song.
You bring me so much joy


Not for long anyway
I will have to open my eyes and stop daydreaming
I will have to wake up and face reality
I know deep down that this is all
A figure of my imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment