About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX

Image from grantjkidney.com

I hate important people and people who feel important. Fine hate is a strong word, so when I write hate I mean that I really, really really don't like. And, by the way important people and people who feel important aren't always the same.

I can't stand their sense of significance. I detest how their walk is so much stronger and vigorous and looks cooler even when they aren't cat-walking or strutting their stuff.

I hate how they always smell special, like their sweat doesn't stink and if it did, it would be raspberry or something exotic not found in Kenya. I am disgusted with how we forget to breathe around them, lose our words and senses when they look at us expectant. Struggling to sound intelligent even when we know, at the back of our minds that they say the dumbest things. And, how we are almost crawling underneath them in a bid to humble ourselves before them.

I hate how everyone makes a fuss when they are pissed off, or sad or happy. It is as if we don't feel the same emotions but nooo because they are important people it is so much deeper, more intense then us ordinary folks.

I can't stand how we easily and willingly forget how they came from nothing, nothing to what we "semi-worship" now. Their past seems so much like their past and ours a distant present that we can't help but carry with us.

I don't like how we try to profess and demonstate our loyalty to the person as if there are benefits to it. Wait. There are, aren't they? But, those benefits are ordinary material things. Things that you could do without, have been doing without but now you can't even imagine how you survived without. We desperately seek their approval and even when we didn't at first they speak to us in such a manner that we start.

I wish we were equal. I know we are but the human mind does this thing where it gets so amazed and moved by another person's creation or progress that...I don't know. It starts off as appreciation of someone's creativity, efforts and hard work then it transforms into something else. And, the funny thing is that the guys who do things for themselves are more adored than those who do things for others: politicians, lawyers, doctors, musicians, actors, business people etc...it is a career, it is always a career before an avenue to help others.

It is the confidence. Now am convinced. It is the confidence. Success does that, you know? Someone could just be shooting milk out of his nose and we say WOW!! with that surprised look on our faces and our eyebrows raised in amazement and within two days the milk breather guy walks around like "I'm the ish."

I don't really hate important people just how they makes us act like goons around them. I do promise to try and not be intimidated by them but I can't promise that when they look at me expectant I won't lose my words and senses.


3 comments:

  1. he he he. Hilarious point of view. ha ha ha, how is it that some people sweat smells of raspberry. LOL. Love it as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...

    Check out my new blog
    http://thescienceofyouth.wordpress.com/

    I would love a guest post from you

    ReplyDelete