About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

AWAKE


Hi blog, how have you been? I know that it has been a while. Feeling like a vampire who has been asleep for centuries. A little taste of blood and a fresh wave of air into my lungs and I feel like it is morning for the first time in months.

I have been asleep all this time. When I closed my eyes, it felt like any ordinary night and I thought that I would sleep for six hours as usual and wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day. But, that wasn't the case. I closed my eyes and went to sleep and then in my sleep I went to sleep again and so you see, for several months I have been in deep slumber.

It's ironic you now, I being a writer of sorts who chose to study for a degree in print media being afraid of words; being afraid to express myself. But enough of that, I am awake now and I will hit the ground running. No more wasting time. Like MJ am declaring this is it. However, I hope that doesn't mean that I will kick the bucket like he did, that isn't the 'it' am talking about.

You might be wondering where I have been and what I have been doing with my time and perhaps you deserve an explanation but am not going to give you one. There are certain stories that just shouldn't be told. Let ignorance be bliss this time. We can just celebrate the fact that am back. For how long you ask? I don't know maybe just for this moment or forever, we can't predict the future and I can't speak for sure so lets take every moment as it comes. Lets focus on nothing else but now. Nothing else matters but the next few words that I punch on my keyboard. I won't worry about tomorrow, or a few seconds from now. I'll focus all my energy on finishing this sentence. One step at a time. One word at a time.

Like I said, hitting the ground running. Made my list of priorities and now the juggling begins. By the way, I hope to find purpose in this new journey am embarking on. I have realized how empty life is without it. How pointless everything is when you don't know why.


No comments:

Post a Comment