About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Friday, October 7, 2011

I EARN LESS THAN MY CHIC,NOW SHE LOOKS DOWN ON ME


Someone asked me why is it that when women start to earn more money than the men they become unbearable to live with. He was just from having a heated debate about it and was just telling me how heavy and interesting the debate got. Its funny how arguments that have to do with relationships, religion and politics never end and how engaging they can be, I mean you can just go on and on and on, which they did. Anyway he wanted to know my two cents.
 When I like a dude there is a side of me that comes out. It is more of a playful, submissive, coquet. In fact I can even refer to it as my alter ego. There are times I hardly recognize myself or half of the things that come out of my mouth. My mannerisms become tenderer, am patient and happy. In short I become a fool, sue me. What am trying to get at is that I become more submissive and that’s maybe cause I like the guy but am also that way in the presence of a capable, well built man who knows himself and his stuff. I check all my loud mouth bullying at the door.
Thing is, I think women are submissive in nature whether you agree or disagree, that’s fine. You are entitled to your own opinion and I am entitled to mine. In the presence of a big man (big meaning big bodied or powerful or superior in anyway) we tend to become more aware of our submissive nature and that’s when you want to “take care of your man”; cook and clean for him. However, I realize this depends again on how one was brought up.
My point is that when a man is a man a woman will be a woman and when a man is not a man a woman won’t be a woman. We submit to someone who is stronger and more capable than us. So when you are earning less than us that is when we get a big head. Then again I have never experienced this, even growing up; my father always earned more than my mom. However, I believe that if your income does not give you that edge (that makes you feel like the man in the house), you need to find it within yourself.
Think about it, if your parents never acted like parents would you treat them as such? Even if they were poor and you were the one bringing in more money to help them out, would you disrespect them?  They knew who they were to you and acted like it. So if you know who you are to your woman and act like it then she won’t disrespect you. Note!! If you begin to miss treat her and beat her she will start to look for an exit and earning more money than you, well….she will find it. Besides beating a woman doesn’t make you manlier, on the contrary it makes you come off as a coward-picking a fight with someone obviously smaller than you.
In everything there is an exception and my theory also has an exception. There are just some women shallow enough to think that the man has to earn more money than her and if not then he isn’t a man. If your woman thinks like this, there is nothing I can say but get a better paying job or put up.

1 comment:

  1. Weuwe!

    Like this one :)

    And i think it shouldn't have to matter but it always does...

    ReplyDelete