About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

THINKING LIKE A MAN

A book has been written on how to think like a man. I haven't read it so it wasn't my inspiration. My inspiration was me! not trying to be conceited but I really did inspire myself to want to think like a man. However, trust me not all the time but only when it suits me.

When I feel overloaded with work, my senses becomes more acute to everything else around me that is wrong or could be wrong. This makes me feel even more overloaded. If I thought like a man, when feeling overloaded I would shut down from everything else around me and focus on the one major problem. In doing this, I would not feel like there is so much to do and very little time then I wouldn't feel like my world is over because I missed the bus to school.

I have this tendency for working more for less. I just find it hard to ask for more even if I deserve it. I keep waiting for someone else to point out that I have done alot and deserve a vacation or more money or even just more recognition. If I thought like a man I would do little and expect to be recognized for it, I would not feel shy in telling people that I have done so much hence increase the $kaching$ or give me a day off or something.

I have a problem with maths and maps. I can calculate simple math but when it comes to all the complicated stuff I can literally feel my brain hiding behind my skull and my whole body becomes very unreceptive. With a map I tend to wonder if my estimate of the distance is the right one or am I just heading in the wrong direction. I know it is unfair to assume that math is easy for all men and am not. It is however, easy for majority of them and if I could just get my mathophobia under control well... I would not realize later that I paid more than I should for my bus fare because I was afaid I couldn't mentally calculate large numbers on my feet.

I have this tendency to read every action that a man does to be a sign that he likes me back. When I like someone my reasoning capacity drops in value like our currency at the moment. It is hard to reason that when he smiles at you, it is just because that is what you do when you are in good terms with someone. I find it hard to see that he holding my hand means nothing because am busy concentrating on how his skin feels on mine. However, unlike most women I have serious issues and I would never let a guy know that I like him before he shows me that he likes me. Again, unlike most chics I tend to limit my ability to wait for a guy to a very little duration that one can wonder if what I felt was even real in the first place.

Even if I sometimes wish I could think like a dude I like that I think like a chic because I don't have an extremly senstiive ego that needs nurturing and it isn't hard for someone to picture me swallowing my pride. Besides am highly intuitive and nothing goes passed my senses without detection.

2 comments:

  1. Why are you speaking about me here :(

    Wish i had the strength not to hold on too tight like you do. I'm learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha it neva even crossed my mind. I was thinkin bout those pple who call in on classic f.m. I dnt think u hold on, wat u got is hangovers & that u r allowed 2 av.

    ReplyDelete