About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

IF WISHES WERE HORSES

I wish i was a singer, not because i can sing for i assure you i can't but because when i was small i wished i could be a singer.

I wish i could be an assassin, not because i want to kill people but because t.v. makes it look like a cool profession.

I wish i was a vampire, not because i like strawberry juice or red wine but because they are made to look so passionate but are they? not so much this one, they scare me sometimes.

I wish i was a bird, not because they don't have to worry about where their next meal is going to come from but because i think the sky is a quieter place to rejuvenate one's energy away from everyone.

I wish i was a top chef, not because i want to work in the most prestigious restaurants but because i want to eat a variety of foods in a variety of ways

I wish i could ride a horse, not because they are beautiful powerful beasts...okay because they are beautiful powerful beasts.

I wish you liked me the way i like you, not because my body longs for your attention but because my ego longs for your attention.

I wish i was white, not because i think they are very beautiful but because in Kenya they can do whatever they want and wear whatever they feel like for they have a valid excuse-they are white.

I wish i was not afraid, not because fear paralyzes you but because i feel like God designed me to be brave.

I wish i had nine  lives, not because it would be convenient but because then i can be the many people i have always wanted to be.

I wish fairy tales were true, not because they always end in a happy ending but because they aren't real.

I wish everyone could read my wishes, not because i have a very important message to pass to you but because i just wish.

I wish i did not worry so much, not because worrying will give me ulcers but because i never see how it helps me.

I wish i had a genie to make all my wishes come true.

1 comment: