About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

LOVE IN YOUR HANDS

I have been reading a post on Artlifeneema's blog; here. I completely agree that love these days has become mediocre. We are so bent on destroying ourselves and each other under the pretence of searching for...something.

I once had a guy hit on me with this line "L I love you.". I thought that I would forget my manners and drop to the floor in fits of laughter. I took time, composed myself and told him, "Do you know that I love you is not a pick up line?" But the point is love these days is such a casual feeling that we think we feel it for everyone then one day we wake up and wonder who is sleeping next to us.

Like Artlifeneema I have also come to learn that everyone in this world has a type. P.S. the "Bad Boy" is not a type, he is a crutch. When I say type, I don't mean someone whom you want or whom you think you want but someone designed for you. I am sure that everyone in their lives have met someone that just "gets them", someone you just "fit with" be it members of the same sex or the opposite sex. You feel like even if you argue, they understand that you don't hate them. Isn't that what we are all looking for? Why is it that family members fight so often? Becasue there is security, you are so sure that the blood that runs through your veins binds you forever, that and because you sleep in the same house and have to see each other every single day, eventually you will have to get over it.

Many people bring all love problems and issues to themselves. Think about it, if you are responsible for your happiness then you are equally responsible for your misery. Ignorance is not an excuse, sorry not even in this situation. Why would someone stay with someone who doesn't love them? If God (whomever you worship) designed love to be two way why settle for less? I would feel bad if in my relationship am the one doing all the loving and in my neighbour's house its both of them doing the loving.

The other thing is ignorance. Why would you stay with a guy who hasn't proposed to you for five years when majority of women get proposals after maximum two years? I know all relationships are unique but my dear, time won't wait for you. Besides I think if your guy really loves you then he would want to make you happy and if your the marrying type and he knows that...well, there you go.

Its a wicked world. Not everyone who says I love you, loves you. We can pity you if you fall into the traps of people who want to use and abuse you but what does my pity help you with? So avoid putting me in the position to give it to you.

If you marry someone for the wrong reasons, don't call the radio station anonymously to complain how life has been unfair to you. You deserve everything you get, suck it up. Harsh? probably, but you felt nothing taking that man/woman off the market with you loveless love. Your lovelessness causes him/her suffering, aren't you also being harsh?

I only have one life. I won't pretend that how I live it doesn't matter to me because it does. The last thing I want is to live with regrets. So I pledge to guard my heart and not be a victim or someone else's statistic. I will love honestly so Karma won't be indiffrent to me. I will wait for my "Extra ordinary, taintless but pure love in a world of chaos and deception." . Oh! and most importantly pray to my God to help me recognize him.

3 comments: