About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Monday, November 28, 2011

You are fuckin' perfect to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDlOD1Hw9k
When I was a child, one of my aunties told me that I was going to grow up to be a very beautiful girl, that she could see it. I can't tell you if she meant it or not but I can tell you then is when I started to love myself. It isn't that I didn't love myself before but I hadn't thought of myself like that. Back then I was a tomboy and I really didn't give a hoot. After that comment I started thinking of myself as beautiful, then I started seeing what she was talking about :-). My head also grew several inches larger at around that period but that's beside the point.

So growing up I thought I was beautiful but I also thought that there were some people more beautiful than me. My mother in her desire to ground me affirmed for me that INDEED there were people more beautiful than me (incase that realization had passed me). I thought she was simply evil to do everything in her power to remove me from my cloud. By teenagehood I had this love-hate relationship with myself. I swear, honest to God, there were days I grew more beautiful in the night, honest and there were some days...well my beauty regressed.

I had to learn so many lessons about beauty-bitter/sweet-which helped me be the person I am today. Like yes, there are women more prettier than me and there always will be. The world is designed in such a way that you will always have competition in everything you do...everything! You can hate the fact that you will never be the best all the time or you can do what I have decided to do, enjoy it when it is my turn and accept it when it's over.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Wait...listen...cliché or not it really is. It sounds so common knowledge but it is a very valid lesson that everyone needs to know, like really internalize. Think about it, there are men you think are handsome and others you don't. Hey, it's funny how sometimes the guys you think aren't all that are the ones your friends find irresistible. I do everything in my power to try and support my friends except agree with them that that guy is a looker. So when you ask me if that dude is hot and I say, "Well it depends on whose eyes we are using." Leave it alone.

Beauty isn't perfection. Okay, sometimes it is but other times beauty is in imperfections. You can have a croocked nose and it still works. Why else would someone tell you that,"I think you are beautiful but you would look even better if you had a nose job." The fact that they think you are beautiful with that nose is a sign that it works. We all wish we could change ourselves because we have been brain washed into thinking that beauty looks a certain way. If we all had money we would have had surgery. Okay, let me be honest, It isn't the money that is holding me back, it's the image of Jocyln Wildenstein (google her). She is the best example to accept what God gave you.

People think you are beautiful when you think you are beautiful. So think you are beautiful. I always try to think am something even when I feel horrible. However, my secret is to avoid hanging around exceptionally beautiful girls because of reasons I have given on this blog.

The biggest lesson I think that I have learnt that is the most important is that BEAUTY DOESN'T MATTER. I mean; you look the same whether you feel beautiful or not, men still hit on you whether you do everything in your power to impress them or not and life still moves on-you will eat, sleep, laugh, cry, succeed or fail. Besides, in Kenya most ugly chics are either married or successful.

I stopped caring about how I look or rather I stopped caring about how I looked to other people. Life is so much easier when you have no one to impress and am all about making life easier. Besides am fuckin' perfect to me.



2 comments:

  1. You know, we're alike in many ways than one. You may not realize it, but that's the invisible glue that sticks us together.

    In short, i feel ya on this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know we are alike in many ways than one. that thats the glue that sticks us together. Am glad you liked my post.

    ReplyDelete