About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FIRST LANE.

After I had finished all my assignments, updated all my notes and read ahead for my exams I reached for my bags and got on the bus.
It was one week to exams and the school was packed to capacity. People flocked the library and study rooms. There was a constant murmuring in the night as my classmates struggled to prepare for the exams. ‘Hi, Am in your physics class,’ was the smooth line for many ‘gentlemen’ in many classes as they tried to get the ‘good girls’ to help them study?
As I sat in the speeding bus I thought of the many lads in my class that were waiting for me to lend them my notes and help them read. A cynical smile spread my lips and I suddenly had the urge to see the look on their faces when they hear that am no longer in the compound.
The sun had set by the time I put my legs up on the bed in my hotel room. After a quick shower and a touch of makeup I found myself in the lobby as I waited for my date to take me out to dinner.
The wind was chilly and it blew the waves towards my feet. I could still taste the dessert on my tongue as warm hands caressed my arms and held me firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment