About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Friday, February 20, 2009

NO!! CONTINUATION

Last time i talked of how to say no. i even mentioned a few advantages of knowing how to say no. I strongly believe it shows a lot of intelligence, maturity and skill. Explaining yourself takes a lot of hard work that is if you do not want to be misunderstood. Anyway i promised to give you a sample letter on how to say no to a person without hurting their feelings or rubbing them the wrong way and making sure that you remain in contact with them.

Dear X,
I am glad you called me earlier. I appreciate your desire to want to get to know each other better. I am humbly intrigued by your interest. Your company is fabulous and the conversation fascinated me and left me hanging onto your every word.
It would be lovely if we could get together again for a meal or a stroll. I have a friend who owns a stable of horses and we should go for riding sometime but only as friends. You are a lovely person and under other circumstances I would have liked to see how far this vybe between us would have taken us. Am in an emotional pit at the moment and unable to form a sound relationship with anyone. Please understand me.
Am looking forward to our next meeting so we can talk some more.
Yours sincerely,
X.

It is not personal so anyone can use it.Yeah sure, you can borrow this is you need to. It may not be the case but it is very polite and if you keep a serious face who will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment