About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NO!!

Every person is first taught how to say yes or no. If I was to choose one to teach a child I would choose no it is much safer. I mean if the parents of the children who M.J. allegedly molested were taught to say a firm no then M.J would have never been in court. If Bill Clinton had been taught to say a firm no then he would never have written a public apology to his wife and the country. If Kenyans said a firm no to corruption well we all know how that would end. My point is we all should know how to say no.
People tend to ask for a reason when another person says no.
“Do you wanna go out with me?”
“Yes!”
“Okey.”.
“Hey wanna sleep with me?”
“God, No!!”
“Jesus, why?”
People will always assume they know the reason why another person would say yes. I mean am hot of course she wants to go out with me. What if she’s broke ever crossed your mind?
I guess that is how it is. So now that we know that no one will ever ask us to explain why yes how about learning how to explain why no. I mean it is simple to say no ask any chick who has been under a man’s bare chest to tell you, then he asks why and the next day she wakes up by his side.

Step 1: Actually say no. It doesn’t matter if it is a loud no or a polite no.
Step 2: Say something nice or bad depending on whether you mean well or not.
Exhibit A.
First of all your house smells like an abandoned slaughter house and you look like an abandoned stray pig, the only thing that would propel me to sleep with you is if the devil rejected me, then I would be at your level.
Exhibit B.
I really enjoy your company and I think there is a lot we can talk about and I would really like to go to the movies with you but I can’t.

In exhibit A, you din’t mean well and you obviously know that he aint ever talking to you again. While in exhibit B, you truly are being nice and it is visible you mean well and you can be sure he will try again.

Step 3: Give a window of possibility but do not commit to something you are not sure about.
Everybody uses maybe another time, those who mean it and those who don’t. If you mean it then you can’t use this phrase, try this;
“How about you call me tonight and we will talk of another arrangement.”

Step4: Note that if you are doing this face to face facial expressions matter a lot.
Look the part, don’t dis a guy and blush at him.

Next time i will show you how to say no through a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment