About Me

My photo
Nairobi, Kenya
I am an ordinary girl wanting what everybody wants. A good life that serves a purpose. I found out early in my life that writing was the only way I could express myself and explore the world and my mind without fear. I write because it gives me relief. It is my therapy, my outlet.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

HaRdEr ThE FigHt

A very talented artist once sang that the more drinks in your system the harder the fight. Okay it was Ludarcris but we all know he's a talented artist with the speech of a philosopher.
Isn’t fighting against the current what humans do. It is either you are fighting to stick to your religion, or you are fighting to concentrate on your studies, or you are struggling to fall in love or out of love when cupid has already decided otherwise, or you are fighting your past or your future or the present situation, boredom, anger, pain, an erection, hornyness.
 
I constantly wonder why we fight, why we enjoy the fight, why it is a bitter sweet pain that rushes through our blood like hot sulfur, why the war brings us joy, despair, anger, fulfillment and self-loathing (maybe my description is too much but I have to make sure you catch my drift)
 
If we gave into our desires we will be fulfilled but for how long. Will it be worth it or will we be adding to our list of regrets?
 
When we decide to give into our temptations it says something negative about us. Give into the wave of alcohol and you will do things you would never do, give into your sexual temptations and watch pope Benedict die of heart failure, give into love and watch as it spins you and leaves you weak and vulnerable, give into your lack of love and watch yourself lose a good man that will never be replaced or your heart drown in despair, give into your fears and watch your dreams wither and die.
 
Maybe I am being negative but we do fight all our lives. We fight to grow up, we fight to stay young, we fight to succeed, we fight to live, we fight to die, we fight our dreams, we fight our jobs, we fight our joy and we fight our sorrows. One thing is for sure, we can't stop the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment